CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Struggles of a "Gay" Missionary.

Hi friends, been writing my thesis for the past months and geeeee, it ain't easy. Together with this academic stressor, it's a public knowledge that I've been trying my best to be a good citizen of this country by engaging my self to different volunteer works. I know that I don't need to prove my worth to all of you. Despite my gender preference, you (true friends) still loved and accepted me wholeheartedly. I just want to vent out that this me "trying-to-be-a-good-model/inspiration/Filipino-nation-builder" is kinda hard. When I embraced this work, I know that I'll be challenged physically, mentally, psychologically and emotionally - I'm always ready and prepared. What makes this work harder is my gender. The challenges that I've mentioned above are nothing to prejudice, stereotypes, discrimination and abuse. Yah. I just want to let you know that I'm having a hard time proving my self to people (politicians, elders, leaders, Filipinos) but rest assured that I ain't quitting. To know that you love me is more than enough. Thank you. ♥


Been watching this very empowering movie. Please, I'm asking 1.5 hours of your valuable time. Maybe after the movie, you'll understand and feel how hard it is become a "gay missionary".

0 pintura:

Post a Comment