CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Gender Week - Ateneo

Mom and I were invited to share our thoughts and feelings on LGBT. At first I was hesitant to give the letter of invitation to Mom because we never really discussed my gender when we're together. (Hindi na rin naman kasi siguro kailangan. Alam na ng buong mundo kung ano ang sexual preference kom imposibleng hindi yun alam ng nanay ko). Some facts that she knew: I had a partner (same sex) before and that I once had a girlfriend when I was in Ateneo high (she's now an instructor here at Ateneo). Since that this is my last second semester in school, I finally decided to give the letter to Mom. She said yes instantaneously. PAK! 




Mom and I before the talk.

The questions revolved around the joys and pains of being a bisexual, lovelife, etc. 


Mom on stage. OHA! Mom is also into training. Before I would usually watch her talk or she would join me as I give talk, now, join na kaming dalawa! Diba masaya?  :) On a serious note, I'm really touched and moved by the fact that Mom is openly sharing her thoughts and feelings on me being a bisexual. I never imagined nor dreamed that this day would come. I consider this one extra big bonus from God. I hope a lot of parents and kids were inspired. I guess we should do this often. I think Mom and I have good chemistry on stage. Isama ko kaya siya sa talks ko madalas? (Scary!) :))


After a week, I was once again invited to share my thoughts about being part of the LGBT community. The focused group discussion was dubbed: It's Beautiful Outside: Stories Outside the Closet. Mr. Adrian Remodo, Chairperson of Philosophy Department opened the afternoon with a lecture on storytelling. The FGD was participated by invited students and teachers of Ateneo. 





It's an awesome privilege to share my life to this group. Indeed, it's beautiful outside. We pray that more and more LGBT would share their stories outside the 
closet! ♥



Let's all paint the world with LOVE. 

Hugs,

TagaPinta (@raffymagno) 

0 pintura:

Post a Comment