CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 1, 2012

YSAGE Power

Last year, I was invited by a friend to attend a seminar about Gender at Batangas. I was hesitant to join at first because I was then elected as the External Vice President of ADNU-SSG, I'm planning for a trip somewhere, I'm busy with a project... basta, a lot of excuses, my own way of saying that I'm not ready to discuss the science of gender. HAHAHA. Para namang hindi ako sana'y. I guess, hindi lang ako ready na i-advocate ang gender since that I'm into Child's Rights and Education. Sa hindi ko malamang chance, I found myself inside a room full of future gender advocates.

The "seminar" was a camp pala. We were housed in a very nice resort at Mataas na Kahoy, Batangas. The camp was participated by promising student leaders from Manila, ako lang yung probinsyano at si Kate. 


Just like any other camps, sabi ko, sige go-with-the-flow na lang. While hours pass, I realized that this camp is one of its kind. Mali ako sa unang akala ko. Talks were moving and heartfelt. Sharing were intense and memorable. 


New friendships were formed. Aside from building relationships with sabi ko nga, promising student leaders (NAKS!), lifetime companionship was also embraced. Dumadrama! Seryoso, ibang klase talaga silang kasama. 






In the end, the three-day camp seems to be KULANG - if only I could spend more time with them - with YOU. HAHAHA. (Issue?) Pero hindi naman pwedeng ganon. HEHEHE. After the camp, we all went home (Oooops. Kumain pala somewhere, then nag-meet uli) and tried our best to share what we've learned, experienced and felt in the camp.  

YSAGE power continues to touch and move us - to be more sensitive, to be more open. Dahil sa YSAGE mas nakilala ko pa ang sarili ko at ang iba.

Now, I'm with ABS-CBN Foundation, Inc. - Save Palawan Movement. This is my contribution to tell the world that we should stop exploiting women - kasama na dun si Mother Earth. Nakakalungkot isipin that even Mother Earth is being raped by a lot of people - miners, illegal loggers, etc. (Siningit ko talaga) HEHE. Seriously, I hope everyone is doing their own share as well. YSAGE is a very promising organization. We were even named as one of the groups that shine in 2011. Yun, we should not stop there, we still have 2012 to conquer and a lot of prostituted and exploited women to save. 



Let's all be one in this fight! Missing everyone and YOU. <3 (Kung sino si YOU - 
hindi ko rin alam) HEHEHE. :)

0 pintura:

Post a Comment